What we do
- Active and passive damping devices
- Anti-noise development
What we can bring to you
- We can improve the lifetime of your machines
- We can improve the performance and the quality of your machines
- We can improve the production capacity of your machines
- We can reduce the fatigue of your machines
- We can reduce the noise of your machines
Chatter is self-induced vibration of the machine or the tool which limits the material removal rate.
Adding structural damping to the machine frame can increase drastically (>200%) the material removal rate.
Improvement of performances
Vibrations due to resonances can degrade the surface finish of the machined parts.
Adding structural damping to the machine frame can increase drastically final surface finish.
Active damping devices
Increasing the damping of a structure can be done by an Active Damping Device (ADD), which is
a mechatronic device relying on sensors, actuators and a control electronics. Compared to passive
devices ADD are lighter, insensitive to resonances frequency shift and more performant
(>15% structural damping ratio).
Vibration sensors and monitoring systems
Machine-tools are subjected to fatigue and wear and must be inspected regularly.
Cutting tools also wear very rapidly and must be changed regularly. Permanent monitoring eases the machine supervision process and
allows an optimization of the cutting tool replacement process.