Mems Accelerometer : Robust Accelerometers
The RECOVIB® industrial mems accelerometers bridge the gap between the performance of laboratory accelerometers (which are often expensive, fragile and offer low protection) and the robustness of industrial accelerometers (which are sometimes cheaper but often noisy and inaccurate).
Our accelerometers can be deployed in industrial environments for monitoring machinery or structures.
The RECOVIB® accelerometers are of proven design and the majority of the models available are widely used in a variety of fields, such as the machine tools, precision machining and on-shore and off-shore wind energy sectors in monitoring or active vibration control applications.
Vibration sensors for harsh environments
What is a mems accelerometer ? What is it used for ?
MEMS stands for Micro Electro Mechanical System. It is a sensor technology machined into a silicon chip. It is used to measure accelerations which can then be transformed into speeds or displacements.
How does a Mems accelerometer work ?
A “micro-beam” machined into a silicon chip flexes under the action of an acceleration. The resulting displacement causes a capacitance to change, which is measured by the electronic circuit integrated on the same chip. The resulting electrical signal is the image of the physical acceleration value.
What are the advantages of Micromega accelerometers ?
- Works best at low frequencies (measured from the DC)
- Have a flat residual noise spectrum (therefore better at low frequencies)
- Can be installed without precise levelling
- Offer lower prices for standard sensors
- Can output 4-20mA signals
- Generate full bandwidth signals
FIELD OF APPLICATIONS OF OUR MEMS ACCELEROMETER
- Transport: Railways, Marine, Aeronautics
- Piping & pumps
- Machine tools
- Civil engineering
- Paper / Printing machines
- Energy: Wind turbines (including off-shore), power-plant
INTERNAL SIGNAL CONDITIONING
The signals from the vibration sensor are amplified and conditioned by the accelerometer unit itself before being passed to the data acquisition system through a disturbed industrial medium.
Our accelerometers are equipped either with a voltage output or a 4-20 mA current output.
The RECOVIB® accelerometers offer galvanic isolation of the signal conductors.
An additional isolation module is therefore not needed.
Multiple sensors can be distributed in multiple locations and connected to the same acquisition system without signal degradation, even in environments with high ground potential differences due to heavy electrical loads operating in close proximity.
LEVEL OF PROTECTION
The RECOVIB® accelerometers are sealed to an ingress protection level of IP67.
We are able to design and develop custom-made units using special protective materials (for example, 316L stainless steel for marine environments, special cabling for vacuum application).
WIDE FREQUENCY RANGE WITH FLAT FREQUENCY RESPONSE
The RECOVIB® accelerometers operate down to DC allowing for the accurate measurement of low frequency signals.
They are therefore also suitable for the monitoring of slow processes (such as monitoring the foundation movements of an off-shore wind turbine etc.).
TYPE OF OUTPUTS
- 4-20mA current loop for long cables and/or easy connection to industrial PLC
- Unipolar Voltage
- Differential voltage for high-resolution sensors
TYPE OF SENSORS
- IAC: for most applications, general use (noise <50µg/√Hz)
- IAC-MR: : for applications requiring low noise (<25µg/√Hz)
- IAC-HiRes: for applications requiring very low noise (<10µg/√Hz)
- IAC-UHRS: for very hight resolution/seismic (noise <2µg/√Hz)
- IAC-CM: for machine monitoring, higher-bandwidth (up to 24kHz)
USE CASES OF OUR MEMS ACCELEROMETERS