Introducing Micromega Dynamics
Micromega-Dynamics SA was incorporated in 1999 by two engineers specialising in mechanical engineering and robotics. The company currently has over 15 employees, engineers and technicians ready to meet your needs. We are experts in the design and implementation of mechatronic systems used for active vibration control and we have developed 3 kinds of activity:
- Active and passive vibration control in many fields of application
- Sensors and acquisition systems
- Structural mechanisms, for example actuators for telescope mirrors
For each of these activities our first priority is to offer a complete service, firstly by thoroughly analysing our clients’ requirements and requests and then working on the design and prototype so we can provide and manufacturing the best solution. Once the solution is developed and installed by our technical team, we provide continued assistance and support to our customers. Our customers can call on us for a complete service or for a specific operation.
For over 15 years we have been developing state-of-the- art technology combining mechanics, electronics and real-time software. Our main objective is to detect the origin of a noise or a vibration in order to reduce or even cancel it.
95% of our business abroad takes place in Europe as well as more remote locations like Hawaii and Taiwan.
Vibrations affect you directly or indirectly on a daily basis:
- While travelling by train, boat, plane, bus or by car
- At home due to the noise generated by your heat pump
- On building sites when using industrial machines
- In factories where you can feel and hear vibrations from pipes
- Using your hair dryer in the morning
- Living near a wind farm
Vibrations affect you by:
- Causing you discomfort
- Adversely affecting the performance of your machines
- Shortening the lifespan of your machines
- Accelerating the breakage of parts, machines and structures
- Positioning you behind your competitors
Thanks to micromega you can increase your competitive advantage by:
- Anticipating and avoiding breakages
- Improving the productivity and profitability of your machines
- Overrunning your competitors
- Optimising your maintenance
Imagine if this disadvantage was transformed into a competitive advantage! For a number of years, the company has been extending its activity within industry, mainly to include machine tools, wind turbines, scientific instruments and production machines for electronic components for which Micromega provides assistance with development as well as off-the-shelf or custom-made products.
Since 2009, we have been working with the German group Wölfel, specialists in the control of vibration and noise. This alliance means that today we are able to offer a wider range of services (measurement and engineering).